Disabling the num lock and caps lock icons on a lenovo ThinkPad
Posted by Hollend Ritondale, Last modified by Hollend Ritondale on 28 September 2016 10:55 AM
To disable the num and caps lock icons from displaying on your screen over top of everything (extremely annoying)....
For Windows 7
1. Right click on your desktop and select Personalize at the bottom of the menu.
2. From there click on Display on the bottom left side of the window.
3. You then click on Change display settings.
4. From here find the Advanced settings menu, located towards the bottom right of the window, and select the advanced settings.
You will then be presented with a display propeties window with several tabs.
5. Find the tab for On Screen Display.
From this tab you can set how the display handles those damn Icons that just appear over top of everything. I set mine to disappear after a few seconds. Now my num lock and caps lock only display the icon for a few seconds when I toggle.
For Windows 10
1. Right click on the desktop and select Display Settings from the menu.
2. From the first screen scroll down on the right sided of the window until you see Advanced display settings and click on it.
3. Scroll down until you see "Display adapter properties" and click on it.
4. From the properties window that pops up you want to select the "Screen configurations" tab. From there you can set the indicators for num and caps lock to display for a few seconds as opposed to displaying permanently.